Friday 31 May 2024

Long Time Since the Last Post

 When I started this blog page several years ago, my intention was to provide regular updates on my progress on the various railway modelling projects that I have been involved with. Over the last couple of years, it has been a bit of struggle to keep up with the constant updates, in which I do express a bit of disappointment with myself as this blog page has been also the prime place to archive what I have done in regards to the projects that I have worked on. Also, to inspire present and future railway modellers.

Long story short, life events been the main distraction from me to not prioritise updates on what I have been up to. I have so far missed out on declaring my HO Scale Exhibition Layout of Muttama completed and in fact missed out on noting down on how I applied the finishing touches to get it completed for the Exhibitions at Forestville and the more recent Model Rail Exhibition at Rosehill.

Muttama

I'm please to announce that Muttama has been finally completed and as always there mad rush in getting a new layout completed for its first showing. Despite a few issues that were faced, they were however easily resolved and I was able to complete Muttama in time for its first exhibition at Forestville (which was held back in March), in which it received positive feedback. 




Muttama also made an appearance at the Rosehill Exhibition, but this time with a different approach in the presentation of any of my layouts which I introduced Pop up banners to hide the run around sections of the layout and provide some informational details on the location itself.





Well, after 4 years working on this layout and enjoying the running sessions. I think it is almost time to start on a new layout project. Watch this space.


 

2 comments:

  1. Great idea Peter to use informative information boards to hide the non-scenic curves. And your backscene works well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely presented Peter! Pity I can never seem to make the trip south to see any of the train shows in Sydney. The fun always seems to be in the building of a model railway or tinkering around with one long after it is finished. I'm sure your next layout project will be just as fun. Looking forward to reading some of your updates more regularly!

    ReplyDelete